Links 4/20/17

Trump_loofahmemorialday
Links for you. Science:

Dear Tough
Public Universities Get an Education in Private Industry
Grant review: best proposal or most needy scientist?
How Donald Trump crippled U.S. technology and science policy
Index Switching Causes “Spreading-Of-Signal” Among Multiplexed Samples In Illumina HiSeq 4000 DNA Sequencing (gulp)

Other:

Why So Many Americans Support Deadly Aerial Warfare: It took decades of propaganda to get here (excellent)
I Thought I Understood the American Right. Trump Proved Me Wrong. A historian of conservatism looks back at how he and his peers failed to anticipate the rise of the president
United Airlines shows how inequality is putting the squeeze on customer service
We Know the Solution to Transit’s Last Mile Problem — It’s Walking
The State of Alabama Has Fully Lost Its Mind
The Murderers’ Row of Voter Suppression Is Here
Departing teacher: ‘I shouldn’t have to call my mom and dad for money’
Oklahoma Congressman: ‘You say you pay for me to do this? That’s bullcrap, I pay for myself’
Too Many Choices
The New York Times Bites It With New Climate Denier Columnist (remember when the Times was appealing to the ‘Resistance’–journalists can be allies, but they are not friends)
This Man Is Paid Good Money to Say These Things
The perilous politics of parking: The average car moves just 5% of the time. To improve cities, focus on the other 95%
The Vance Grift
#Bothsides is the most failed, destructive, opportunistic, and falsifiable analytical conceit in American politics
Elon Musk Has an Awkward Problem at Tesla: Employee Parking
Democrats have a new strategy to keep up the pressure on Trump. It might work.
You’re Not Mad at United Airlines; You’re Mad at America
Metro’s union is right: Bus to rail transfer fares are unfair

This entry was posted in Lotsa Links. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply. Comments with more than 3 links will be held for moderation

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s