Some thoughts about yesterday’s march (plus a couple a pictures):
- The march is what feminism looks like, not Ivanka Trump.
- We got to Trump. The march turnout doubling (at least) the inaugural turnout is the kind of thing that drives a narcissist around the bend.
- The Trump Administration are not media geniuses. The smart play would have been to let this go. Instead, the Trump administration holds a faux press conference thingee, which reinforces the wrong message. They make mistakes and can be ‘gotten’.
- The march forced Il Trumpe to flat out lie. It is slowly dawning on various parts of the political press corps that Trump is a pathological liar, that they can’t take anything he says seriously. The AP and the NY Times, for example, ran headlines such as “With False Claims, Trump Attacks Media on Turnout and Intelligence Rift.” There’s no media honeymoon.
- No one in D.C. (not official ‘Washington’ or ‘Wor-Shing-Tun’, but the District) likes this guy. It’s not just that only four percent of the city voted for him, but no one likes him at all–it doesn’t help that some of his supporters engaged in small bigot eruptions against us locals for no damn reason.
- No one in D.C. (not official ‘Washington’ or ‘Wor-Shing-Tun’, but the District) likes this guy, part II. Picture speaks a thousand words (from here):
- The city seemed much happier yesterday than it has for a couple of months. That does matter, especially in a city that has taxation without representation–which to say, we have no congressional representation (we’ll ignore that Congress also uses D.C. to pursue agendas that members can’t get passed to firm up their stands for the good people of the ‘heartland.’)
Ok, now for a few photos–the blocked word is “regulate”:
The cutoff word is “help”: