It’s damn cold outside, so here are some links for you. Science first:
- ScienceBlogling Razib discusses the genetics and social construction of race.
- On the technology front, Europe has a better information technology infrastructure than the U.S.
- ScienceBlogling Darren tells us about soft-shell turtles.
- ScienceBlogling Greg Laden has a good roundup of all of the ‘evolution is just a theory’ debunkers.
- Here’s an excellent piece about the agricultural economics of obesity.
- Once the rainy season starts in Iraq, get ready for the cholera epidemic.
- Jon Swift lays out the rules of journalism.
- The Dark Wraith explains why confusing flat taxes with proportional taxes matters. Maha has more.
- Here are some very interesting observations about journalism by Robert Niles.
- driftglass: everything changed after 11/2(/04).
- Being on top of the service economy isn’t so good if you don’t have motivated servants.
- Eric Alterman discusses debating for dummies.
- Here’s a brief history of just how bad the Bush Administration economy has been.
- Shorter Thoughts from Kansas: anger at Bush is the appropriate response (or at least vigorous criticism).