Happy October! Here are some links for you. Science-related stuff firstest:
- I talk about Kuhnian revolutions in science. SteveG responds. Then, my turn again.
- Revere lays out how ‘biodefense’ leaves less safe–again.
- Brain sucking amobae attack. ‘Nuff said.
- Neanderthals cleaned their teeth. Now go brush yours…
- In case you’re wondering, creationists are still liars.
- Basking sharks–any thirty foot long creature that eats by ‘ram feeding’ is worth reading about (and, no, they don’t eat rams–too much gristle).
- Here’s why municipal Wi-Fi sucks right now.
- Here’s a cool post about some of the cars of the (near) future.
- Freedom is on the march in Myanmar—without guns.
- Speaking of non-violent conflict resolution, could a negotiated political settlement in Iraq be in the works?
- We’ll need a settlement in Iraq, since an assault against Iran seems more and more likely.
- NBC anchorwoman Katie Couric admits that she has felt “corporate pressure” to ease off the Bush administration. Because if we hurt NBC’s bottom line, the terrorists win. Or something.
- Rick Perlstein discusses the bed-wetting wing of the Republican party.
- Dan Carnidale at A Fool’s Experiment sees some similarities between Iraq and Vietnam.
- hilzoy talks about honor killings.
- Loose nukes ain’t cool.
- Jurassic Pork thinks bloggers should run for elected office. Is the disease worse than the cure?
- maha takes apart conservative columnist Michael Medved’s column that excuses slavery.
- The life and times of one of Limbaugh’s “phony soldiers.”
- Katha Pollitt gives one good example of how poverty is bad for your health–and our healthcare.
My Favorit is this one: “Kuhnian revolutions in science”
thanks very good webpage