Someone has to hold down the fort while the rest of my ScienceBloglings are frolicking in New York City. Here’s some science:
- Here’s why you should run controls.
- That zinc you’re taking to stop colds? Erm, maybe not so much.
- Revere argues that too many people are playing with anthrax.
- Dan Quixote has a nice primer on evolution for the non-scientist.
- Quixote critiques movies on their science.
The other stuff:
- Maha and I discuss conservatives. More from her here, and I have some more thoughts too.
- Paul Abrams gives the definitive reckoning of the Karl Rove era.
- An ob/gyn writes letters.
- The religious right is still nutty bonkers: ScienceBlogling Ed, and Sara Robinson.
- While we’re on the subject of the religious right, Amanda describes how the war that the theopolitical right believes is ordained by God has led to prostitution.
- On the other hand, some religious groups are actually showing signs of sanity.
- Here’s a good primer for rebutting conservative talking points about healthcare.
- Someone at DailyKos actually thinks people there should discuss ideology, because opposing Bush isn’t enough.
- Ezra Klein on Bill Richardson’s ‘anti-deficit’ blather.
- Rick Perlstein on the failure of the conservative’s “Creative Society.”