Merry Labor Day! Gut Yontif! Here’s a whole bunch of Labor Day links for you:
- Thomas Frank lays out a new direction for the Democratic Party.
- ScienceBlog’s very own Ed Brayton has a good post on FISA and hypocrisy.
- Razib has a nice treatment of effective population size
- Some commentary on Keith Olbermann’s editorial about Donald Rumsfeld.
- David Sirota describes how the Republican-sponsored bankruptcy bill is screwing our GIs.
- “A liberal walks into a bar…“
- Orcinus discusses how utter disrespect for the law isn’t limited to crazy “Freemen” anymore.
- Some possible Democratic strategies.
- Giant Conger Eels. Need I say more?
- An excellent piece by a teacher about the stupidity of assessment examinations.
- Glenn Greewald writes about cowardice, courage, and captivity.
- ScienceBlog’s Doc Bushwell writes about being targeted by animal rights idiots.
- David Sirota on the War on Workers.
- A good post about why workers aren’t joining unions.
- Finally, I have a post about the health costs of antibiotic resistance in bacteria.