Not to pick on anyone, but this is what I go through with far too many projects:

“My grant is due tomorrow. I just need to know….”
And: “I can put you on my grant for a 0.5% FTE…”

This entry was posted in Humor, Statistics. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to “I Need to Know How Many Patients I Need”: This Is My Scientific (and Statistical) Life

1. Mokele says:

He should just use the biomechanics method: You need 4 animals. If you need more after that, get some more. If you need less, determine if they’re edible or make good pets.

2. mikka says:

At least he went to that statistician *before* doing the study, instead of once everything is done and the mice are dead, with a quivering grad student handing you a jumbled mess of an excel sheet and telling you with hopeful eyes that their chances of graduating before the getting-kicked-out deadline hinge on the resulting sacrosanct “p”.

3. Autistic Lurker says:

This video contains content from Comcast Entertainment Group, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    shrug…
    Canucks A.L.

4. Dave, London says:

And I’m in UK 🙁
    Actually, I’ve already watched it once before, but it’s so funny I’d love to see it again and pass it on. Does anyone know if there’s a copy of it on some other YouTube channel or whatever?

5. Roy Macarthur says:

This works from UK
    First time I’ve seen this. It’s not funny because it’s true.

6. Mac H says:

“This video contains content from Comcast Entertainment Group”
    Huh!? That is the L.A group behind ‘E! Entertainment’.
    What content of this video are they claiming ownership of ? The dialog? The setting?
    Did they see it on the internet and decided that they would claim copyright to it? Why !? How !?

7. Rogue Epidemiologist says:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    I had three biostatisticians hovering around my desk LOL’ing hard at that.