Here are some links for you. First, the science stuff:
- San Francisco has made a deal to have universal, no-cost wi-fi for the whole city.
- Here’s a cool article on filter feeders, with a nice picture of some ascidians.
- Here’s a very nice post about genetic draft
- Revere at Effect Measure discusses the different evolutionary rates of H3 and H1 influenza viruses.
The other stuff:
- Katha Pollitt has the best New Year’s resolutions EVAH!
- The rightwingosphere and Holocaust deniers think the same way.
- No blood for oil. Eh, not so much.
- Resolve is one thing, paranoia another. Amanda explains; the News Blog comments.
- Like Matt Yglesias, I too am tired of being smeared with anti-Semitism when I adopt positions to the left of the Likud.
- You probably know that the wingnutosphere doesn’t have much credibility, but Glenn Greenwald says it so well.
- The Nitpicker doesn’t think it’s very Catholic to oppose the minimum wage.
- I’ll have a lot more to say about this, but Disney is playing hardball with bloggers who point out that their radio stations employ hate-mongering radio hosts.
- Will health insurance companies go the way of the horse and buggy?
- I’ve posted about the GOP’s tolerance of sexual slavery. It appears the Democrats might do something about it.
- Big bidness is very worried about the Democrats.