Here’s some interesting articles I pulled off the internets for you:
- Publius argues “The fact that Iraq was so incompetently executed is actually the least of its problems. The bigger problem is that the idea of it represented a staggering failure of vision and judgment in terms of anti-terrorism policy. It’s simply not possible to devise an anti-terrorism policy more at odds with the nature of the threat facing us.”
- An interesting NY Times magazine article by Michael Young on how Hizbollah relates to the Lebanese political scene (as opposed to the War on Terra).
- Neil the Ethical Werewolf argues that any movement that could establish a third party would be strong enough to takeover an established party.
- A good post about NYC mayor Bloomberg, education and Joe Lieberman by jkdism. Which leads me to ask a very simple question: why don’t private schools have to follow No Child Left Behind. If they’re not up to snuff, shut them down.
- Matt Stoller writes about how and why “the sad hijacking of Jewish political activism by right-wing neoconservative crazies” came to be.
- Also, from the NY Times magazine, an article on microbiology and obesity.
- digby describes how the Democrats are finally through wandering the desert of the culture wars–even though it took forty years