Merry Columbus Day! Here are some links. The science-related stuff:
- Go buy schoolkids science stuff. It will make ya feel good…
- After you’re done with that, go wash your hands.
- Senator Clinton joins the Coalition of the Sane and details her science agenda.
- Giardia is one more reason why intelligent design creationism is really stupid.
- The environmental science of parking: some commentors came up with really interesting ideas.
- All hail our giant jellyfish overlords!!
- The Voltage Gate discusses the best kind of rhodopsin: bacteriorhodopsin.
- Here’s a cool new technology: nanobodies.
- Both the Congo rainforest and our tuna supply are going to hell.
- Finally, this is the kind of nature documentary I really enjoy.
- ScienceBlogling Mike Dunford explains why we should pay war taxes to support the occupation of Iraq.
- Speaking of Iraq, here’s one veteran’s tale of opposition to the war.
- Here’s a fascinating report by someone who went undercover in the Klan.
- Joe Conanson rips apart Rush Limbaugh’s “phony soldier” slur.
- Why would we want to privatize Social Security and place it in the hands of banks that lose money?
- While we’re on the subject of economics, sick Old Europe seems pretty healthy in fact.
- Senator Clinton’s chief campaign advisor has ties to…Blackwater?
- Digby explains why Ayn Rand’s dreadful book Atlas Shrugged has had such a far reaching influence.
- Tony Judt takes the liberal hawks for wanting to launch another stupid war.
- Here’s a superb post describing the Founders’ commitment to the separation of church and state.
Help Public School Kids by Funding my Challenge at DonorsChoose