Here are some links for you. Science comes first:
- ScienceBlogling Chris continues his series on statistics: Samples, Sampling Distributions, and t Distributions, Confidence Intervals, and a Quick Example.
- The American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS) has a bunch of video presentations about “Evolutionary Biology and Human Health.”
- ScienceBlogling Jeremy gives us two more reasons why spiders aren’t insects.
- Guess what? The Lyme disease vaccine doesn’t
turn girls into slutsalter behavior.
- Here’s what I want to hear ‘people of faith’ say.
- While we’re on the subject, Amanda and Shakes criticize one of the stupidest reasons to be religious: without religion, we will be immoral.
- Flight delays have nothing to do with the weather, and everything to do with too many planes.
- Mark Kleiman describes his experience with healthcare rationing in the U.S.
- Shorter Barbara Ehrenreich: healthcare is a business in the U.S., not a social good. That’s the problem.
- Our Iraqi occupation sounds like the Israeli one.
- Dan Froomkin writes about the first blogger: I.F. Stone.
- Ezra Klein notes the futility of abandoning non-violent criminals to the criminal justice system.