Here’s some links for you. Merry Spring!
- Here’s an excellent interview with Joe Felsenstein.
- Climatologist James Hansen offers five concrete steps to deal with global warming.
- While we’re on the subject, here’s a refutation of the global cooling argument.
- A topic near and dear to my heart: it’s the boring, unsexy diseases that kill people.
- Revere gives us a Google mashup of infectious disease outbreaks.
The other stuff:
- The politics of haircare.
- On a more serious note, could you ever imagine the U.S. healthcare system treating a family with a sick child as well as this. Of course not…
- The overdispersal of psychological trauma.
- ‘Mainstream’ rightwing political thought is entering utterly delusional territory (Bush is hiding the evidence of Iraqi WMD….).
- Rather than gun control, maybe we should just repeal the Second Amendment?
- Barney Frank eviscerates the Republicans.
- Here’s an interesting link to figure out how much money presidential candidates have raised and spent.
- Do we need to speed up the outsourcing of high-skill jobs?
- digby covers one of the hidden bits of the US Attorney scandal: Iglesias did most of what he was supposed to do. It just wasn’t enough for Karl Rove.
- Maureen Dowd has a hair fetish, at least when it comes to Democrats.
- Chris Kelly sees crazy people.
- Barbara Erhenreich discusses our inadequate mental health system.
- Should we repeal the Second Amendment?
- The vanishing 2006 electoral landslide.