Here are some links for you; science first:
- Whenever I hear creationists talk about ‘information theory’, it’s always pretty clear that they don’t know what they’re talking about. ScienceBlogling Mark smacks once such creationist around.
- Conservapedia mistates mutation (I know, dog bites man).
- Well, it’s related to squid: cool footage of an octopus munching some seafood.
The other stuff:
- While I disagree with the title of PZ’s post, he’s absolutely right in calling attention to the Cult of Anointing, something I have noted before too.
- Steven Perez wants his CNN back.
- Are we headed for a Second Great Depression?
- Some more commentary on the Great Blogroll Purge.
- A couple weeks ago, while flying back from D.C., I had the misfortune of sitting behind a prominent movement conservative who was trying to impress a young protege (it not only prevented me from sleeping, but it was icky to boot). The subject of Giuliani came up, and I think Matt Stoller’s take on Giuliani is dead on.
- Bonddad explains why market-based health insurance doesn’t work.
- Fellow ScienceBlogling Chad Orzel has a great post about how removing incompetent teachers shouldn’t be the focus of educational reform.
- Not all Republicans suck: here’s one who stood up for the rights of gays and lesbians.
- An interesting post by a teacher who says, “You can’t keep taking away recess.”
- Here’s an interview with Jurassic Pork, one of the more interesting bloggers out there.
Nice list. It was fun.
Octopus. How hard is it to have one as a pet. They seem to be popular topic around the Sb’s, and I’ve gained a fairly decent interest in them. Haven’t seen them being kept as a pet, so it never crossed my mind.