Here are some weekend links you might have missed. First, the science stuff:
- PZ rips apart a creationist–it’s always entertaining to read.
- Corpus Callosum has a nice summary of a bunch of bloggers bothered by Bush’s appointment of faith-based medical practioner Dr. Eric Keroack to head the federal Office of Population Affairs.
- Both John Lynch and the Mad Biologist want you to know that we are evolutionary biologists, not “Darwinists.” Calling us Darwinists makes you sound like a hick.
- Nick Anthis tells us that House Minority Leader John Boehner still sucks when it comes to science.
- Here’s a cool post on the sargassum fish.
- Don’t forget this month’s edition of Animalcules. Long live the Wee Beasties!
- I have a post about some potential chicanery at the FDA that might result in the use of a powerful antibiotic, cefquinome, to treat cattle, even though the FDA panel voted against approval.
The other stuff:
- Jamison Foer argues that Democrats must use their electoral mandate to force the media to behave like grownups (of course, I say, just impeach the fuckers).
- In a post I wrote about CNN describing Nancy Pelosi as “damaged goods“, I failed to catch this.
- Sara Robinson describes how the Washington press corps is like “a bunch of of trivial, self-centered pubescent girls.”
- Ed Brayton gives the definitive smackdown to the idea of ‘oppressed’ Christians.
- maha has a great post about the difference between Left and Right Blogistan.
- I have two posts about the Houston Janitors strike
Thanks for the link. Hopefully the media/Democrats/scientists/anyone will put some pressure on Boehner and not give him a free ride on these issues.